Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Studio Journal Nine.

It seems my direction right now is going bigger. My teachers have all been encouraging me to go out of my comfort zone as far as size goes. While part of me is hesitant about this direction, the other part of me knows that this is what is for the best. Going big is one of those things that commands attention, but its one of those things where mistakes are easily seen. The task is daunting, but it will be a good experience and now is a good a time as ever to expand since I have the resources. I am, however, excited to see how my art will change, as I am sure it will, when there is room to explore and go crazy.

This is my first attempt at going bigger. These are mmm...a full sheet of Stonehedge paper minus 2 inches (some cropping). Its a monoprint, 2 layers of silkscreen, some hand painting (water color and gauche), and some pen and ink.

I finished my etching from the last blog of mine. I will get a picture of it and upload it soon.
I'm taking the creatures from it (skeletal bug creatures) and creating a whole pack of them on a full sheet of zinc. I've been working on the drawing for it and I will start putting it on the plate tomorrow...after I've putz-ed it... and filed down the edges. It will be quite the process. Nick told me that he would see if Randy could possibly get another acid bath into the acid room, as the plate will fill a bath and will be inconvenient for other students.

As for my thesis... I'm as this point where I am excited with what I have, but I have no clue as to where I should take it. I'm at the same point I have been for weeks. The only real progression is that since doing the tentacle installation, I've been mulling over the idea of an installation with my exquisite corpses, but I don't know to proceed or if that is really the direction I would like to go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment