Thursday, December 1, 2011

Studio Journal Eleven.

Oh, hello again, End-of-the-Semester-Panic-Mode.

These next couple weeks are going to be so jam packed with art making it is ridiculous.
Two etchings.
A print exchange of 20 prints.
A print exchange of 18 mini books.

I'm going to have to figure this out so that it is physically possible to do.


Right now my big problem is my big plate. Its a full, 18x24" sheet of zinc and its taking me way longer to work with than i had anticipated. The acid in the acid bath was just changed and because my plate is so big and the acid was so new, it ate the spraypaint aquatint within a minute. So I sucked it up and rosined it, which, to my delight, actually worked. I had tried a couple times previously with the big plate, but it was melting out the middle by the time the edges cooked.
I'll take a picture today in class of it.

EDIT:PICTURE



In other news, yesterday I went to the Met's print study room and got to see some Goya, Rembrandt, and Durer's up close and personal. The most impressive thing I saw was the woodblock for Samson and the Lion by Albrecht Durer. It was amazing.



I also got to go into the Guggenheim and see the Maurizio Cattelan exhibit, which was insane. I was getting vertigo by the end of it.


This GIANT (and I mean, dinosaur giant) cat skeleton sculpture was my favorite part. With some extra limbs and things, it could totally be one of my creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment